Advertising in a Gaming World
08 May 2020 |
As people spend more time indoors, there has been a noticeable increase in the amount of time spent gaming on mobile and console. Here are some current trends:
- Approximately 70% of people play mobile games compared to 30% who play console games
- Data from Global Web Index shows that 4 in 5 internet users already play video games
- Mobile game downloads in March grew 30% compared to Q4 2019.
- The average weekly time spent on apps and games on Android grew 20% YOY, worldwide.
- Consumers spent over $16.7 billion in mobile games across iOS and Google Play.
- Prominent advertising opportunities; 48% say they tend to buy brands they see advertised and 26% say they discover brands via in-app advertising.
- Mobile gamers show strong engagement with brand content with 30% watching branded videos, 22% downloaded/used a branded app, and 16% played a branded game.
To further understand the possibilities of gaming ads, contact us!Next Article