Broadcast Video on Demand (BVOD) report, April 2020
24 April 2020 |
Display, Video, Audio
- 23.5% of Australians are consuming BVOD each week – a 43% increase in streamed minutes YOY in 2019.
- Nine Now was the leading BVOD platfrom with 51% of March viewership.
- BVOD audiences are largely dominated by F25-39 (16%) and F40-54 (15.8%).
- Consumption of BVOD has increased 35% since pre- lock-down.
- The first week of April recorded a 53% growth YOY with viewers streaming 1.23BN minutes.
- April device activity is seeing Connected TV (CTV) dominate preferences with 52% of users streaming on CTV. This is followed by Mobile and Tablets at 36%.