28 January 2021 |
Both Instagram and TikTok know the importance of Content Creators. It’s the user generated content model that drives their entire business model, and so both platforms have recently deployed their new Professional dashboards.
Instagram Professional Dashboard
Earlier this week, Instagram rolled out the ‘Professional Dashboard’ which Instagram explained: “As part of our ongoing effort to give creators and businesses the tools they need, we are launching Professional Dashboard, a central destination to track performance, access and discover professional tools, and explore educational information curated by Instagram.”
The Professional Dashboard centralises features previously scattered for Creators:
- to Track Performance with key trends and data notes based on your account performance, including comparative prompts based on past performance stats.
- to Grow Their Business through tools such as Badges, Branded Content and IGTV promotions, as well as eligibility for monetisation.
- to Stay Informed with access to Instagram’s latest educational resources, “including tips, tricks, guidance, and inspiration”.
The Professional Dashboard is available to all Business and Creator Accounts on Instagram.
TikTok Creator Portal
In a similar vein, TikTok has launched a new ‘Creator Portal’ (as well as an official @creatorportal Tiktok account), providing additional guidance and tips maximising their in-app presence. TikTok explains, “we’re excited to launch the TikTok Creator Portal, an online hub on TikTok.com filled with educational resources for creators to learn the basics of getting started on TikTok, connecting with their audience, and cultivating best practices to bring their videos to the next level.”
The TikTok Creator Portal consists of six key pillars:
- Getting started on Tiktok
- Tiktok creation essentials
- Foundation for success
- Tiktok content strategy
- Community guidelines and safety
- Getting paid to create.