6 Hacks to to Improve your Newsletters
13 February 2023 |
Media and Advertising Industry
Newsletters serve as a great marketing tool to drive strong engagement and loyalty and keep readers informed about the latest business updates and propositions.
But how do you ensure your newsletters are generating interest and are relevant to your readers?
6 tips on how to develop strong newsletters:
- Keep it Simple: Sharing too much information is never a good idea. Select one key topic for your newsletter each month and highlight 2-3 sub-topics that topic that would drive maximum value to subscribers.
- Be Consistent: Ensure there’s consistency in your tone of voice and look and feel with each piece of communication. This ensures your subscribers can connect with your brand.
- It’s all in the Subject Line: An email open depends on whether your readers are intrigued by the subject line. Put yourself in your subscriber’s shoes and ask yourself – “What information would spike your interest’? Ensure the subject has solid keywords and unique information.
- Testing, testing and more Testing: Not sure what works? Run A/B tests across a copy, communication points, promotional offers, visuals, and layouts to study a trend in what your subscribers are after. Also, keep the testing cycle going to measure different permutations and combinations.
- Follow Your Insights: Use metrics such as Open rate, Click-through Rate, Avg. website sessions, website bounce rate, and website Actions to measure the success of your newsletters. This practice will help you set benchmarks for what worked and what didn’t.
- Be Relevant: Your newsletter doesn’t have to be solely promotional or brand-led. Rope in trending topics or events that allow your subscribers to relate with you on a deeper level. You could talk about the weather, the latest album release or even an actor.
Let’s strive to drive more value with one newsletter at a time. Reach out to one of our insightful ADMATICian to learn more!Next Article